Basketball Meeting Schedule
2023 Basketball Meetings
All Regular Season Basketball Meetings Hosted @ Fenwick HS | 7pm
HUGE CHANGE FOR THIS YEARS MEETING HERE!!!!
Please note that all basketball meetings this year will be held at FENWICK HS – 505 Washington Blvd, Oak Park, IL 60302.
There will be plenty of parking as Fenwick has constructed a brand new parking garage right next to the school.
All meetings are scheduled to start at 7:00 PM and
We all understand your time is valuable and are dedicated, in addition to providing excellent content for discussion, to keeping meetings to a 1½ length ending no later than 8:30 each night.
Tuesday night is the usual weeknight for meetings, however this year there is one exception.
SCHEDULE EXCEPTION HERE!!!
Since the last Tuesday of the month of October falls on Halloween night, the basketball committee has decided to change our regular meeting night to Monday, October 30.
Here is the schedule as planned for the season:
Tue Oct. 10
- Josh Schroeder will start the meeting with a few videos surrounding the topic of Technical fouls
- Jeff Rutledge will be giving a deep dive presentation on the 23/24 NFHS Rules Changes and Points of Emphasis.
Tue Oct 17
- Jeff Rutledge starts the meeting with videos on Single Whistle Plays
- Nitin Rao and Dan Dyra are set to discuss and review Rule 4 – Definitions
Tue Oct 24
- Jeff Rutledge begins the night with video discussion showing plays of Unusual Situations
- Josh Schroeder will be talking about Last Second Plays and Time Outs using video for illustration
Mon Oct 30 – Monday Meeting Due to Halloween
- Josh Schroeder has the meeting opener with videos on difficult coaches and how best to manage them
- Mike Luzzi, along with Chuck McNellis and Nitin Rao, will discuss how to Effectively Communicate with Coaches, Players and Administrators
- Several new coaches to the Catholic League are scheduled to attend as well for a more developed and comprehensive discussion.
Tue Nov 7
- No Videos tonight as we will be meeting in the Gym to discuss directly ON the COURT, mechanics and court coverage.
Tue Nov 14
- You don’t want to miss this meeting. We will have a short scrimmage session with Fenwick boys basketball team followed by our ANNUAL SOCIAL. If you want to work the scrimmage, please let Josh or Jeff know.
- All of these meetings are IN PERSON ONLY with no online option
- As many of you are aware, and have been for several years now, numbers of officials are down, but numbers of officials attending association meetings are also down.
- Let’s show all the other associations in Illinois that the COA does not have that problem.
- Support YOUR ASSOCIATION by attending as many meetings as you can.
- Let’s fill the room each night and really showcase what we have to offer.
- Remember, having strong speakers and video filled presentations is only part of the equation of a successful meeting.
- But no meeting is complete without its members so please make every attempt to attend as many meetings as you can and bring a friend, colleague anyone else you think may benefit.